1. Organization of the review.
1.1. All scientific articles submitted to the Editorial Board of the scientific journal "WEST – EAST" must be reviewed.
1.2. The Editor-in-Chief and the responsible Editor of the issue determine the compliance of the article with the journal’s profile and requirements, and send it for review.
1.3. To review the manuscripts the members of the editorial council, of Editorial Board and highly qualified scientists and specialists of the Mari State University and of other scientific and educational institutions of higher professional education (doctors of science, professors and candidates of science, associate professors), having the scientific specialization closest to the topic of the article can be involved. The author or co-author of the reviewed article cannot be the reviewers.
1.4. The timing of the review in each case is determined by the responsible Editor of the journal, taking into account the creation of conditions for rapid publication of the article.
1.5. The review is confidential. The author of the article is given the opportunity to read the text of the review. Violation of confidentiality is possible only in case of reviewer’s states about plagiarism, unreliability or falsifications of the materials contained in the article.
1.6. The article, not recommended by the reviewer for publication, is not accepted to reconsideration. The text of the negative review is sent to the author by e-mail, fax or regular mail on behalf of the Editorial Board of the yearbook “West-East”.
1.7. The presence of a positive review is not a sufficient basis for the publication of the article. The final decision about appropriateness of publication is taken by the Editor-in-Chief and recorded in the meeting minutes of the Editorial Board.
1.8. When the Editorial Board accepts the decision to admit the article for publication, the responsible Editor of the issue or the Executive Secretary of the yearbook “West-East” informs the author about it and specifies publication terms. The text of the review is sent to the author by e-mail, fax or regular mail.
1.9. The originals of reviews are kept in editorial office of yearbook “West-East” within 3 years from the date of publication, and are provided at the request of the expert councils of the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation.
2. Requirements to the content of the review.
2.1. The review should contain a qualified analysis of the article’s material, an objective reasoned assessment of it and reasonable recommendations.
2.2.The review should contain the author’s full name, the title of the article being reviewed, the date of the review, the reviewer’s signature, the information on the reviewer (full name, academic title and degree, place of work, position)
2.3. The review covers the following issues:
– whether the content of the article stated in the title corresponds to the topic, to what extent the article corresponds to the current achievements of scientific and theoretical thought;
– the availability of the article to the readers for which it is designed, from the point of view of language, style and arrangement of the material, clarity of tables, diagrams, figures and formulas;
– is it reasonable to publish the article taking into account previously published literature on this issue ;
– what exactly are the positive aspects and shortcomings of the article, what corrections and additions should be made by the author.
2.4. The final part of the review should contain conclusions about the article as a whole and a clear recommendation about the advisability of its publication in the yearbook “West-East” (recommended, recommended with the corrections of shortcomings, noted by the reviewer or not recommended for publication in the journal), on a specific scientific direction, corresponding to the nomenclature of scientific specialties approved by the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation.
Review on the article in the scientific and practical yearbook "WEST – EAST"
1. Author’s full name
2. Title of the article
3. Relevance of the study
4. Originality of the study
5. Practical significance of the study
7. The article is recommended / not recommended for publication in the scientific and practical yearbook “West-East”